Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fab Favourites/Review: Barry M Brow Pen - Liquid Eyebrow Marker in Dark Brown.

Hello everyone, having seen this 'marker pen' by Barry M mentioned in a post by Hannah over at Polly Polish  I knew I needed to try it.  So when browsing in Superdrug the other day, I noticed it was offer at a special introductory price of £3.99 (usually £4.99 for 3ml), and bought it.

I always have trouble finding a good brow product that does not appear too red in colour if a pencil or too green if a marker type product like this, so it wasn't going to hurt too much at this price if no good!

The pen is a shortish chunky shape and easy to control when applying to the eyebrow:






As you can see the nib of the pen is pretty chunky tapering to a fine point which allows accurate application as well as feeling very sturdy.




To show what I mean with it being sturdy I have included a photo of the nib on the Cosmetics a La Carte brow pen (£22.00 for 1.2ml) which you can see reviewed here.

The nib was very long and after a lot of use it has gone very soft and bendy which makes application a bit cumbersome, I honestly don't think I'll have that problem with the Barry M one with it being a bit shorter and tougher.  




Anyway on to the actual product in situ! Below is a photo of my eyebrow with no product on so you can see before and after, although I have dark hairs they are pretty sparse:




Below is the brow filled in very lightly with the Barry M  pen and this is how I would do for everyday, just to slightly define. The nib of the pen has a very fine point and makes surprisingly good hair like marks:



The product is buildable in order to create a much better definition if that is the look you want. Colourwise it look very slightly green in the picture but this was taken with flash and looking at my brows myself in normal light it looked much more naturally suited to my brow colour.




Another great use for this pen, as shown below, is if you fancy giving yourself a beauty spot/mark, you can apply lightly for a paler shade or go over a couple of times to get it quite dark.




So all in all, this a fab product by Barry M, a brand I'm ashamed to say that once I've finished buying the nail polishes, their other (face) products rarely get a look in! Having tried this over a couple of days now and been out and about checking it in different light I can say it is an absolute bargain and also the longevity is great (all day), it doesn't rub off at all but still removes easily with my usual cleanser. Hopefully it will be made available in a couple of different colours to cater for fairer or redhead ladies.

It's going straight into the Fab Favourites section!


10 comments:

  1. looks brilliant! i worry that it's too dark for me, but tempted to try it now - I have NEVER used anything on my brows before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks so natural! I will defo be getting one of these xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so much better than I expected!? I'm going to look into the brow pen :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks brilliant - always on the look out for brow products. So they've only brought out a dark one so far?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds great - I love your brows!
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never used anything but powder on my eyebrows, this looks unreal on you! Your brows are a fab shape. Looks like a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too recently discovered the brow pens with felted tip and the formula is great but mine from gosh is a bit too red for me so i need to add a grayish shadow on top. But your brown seems to hue more to green so i definitely need to look this one up!! Thanks for the tip!!

    Hope you're doing well! We need to do a collab again soon, nail queen!! I remember the sleek one we had and that was so much fun!! Maybe a sparkling theme?!?!
    Xoxo Azure and Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam
    feedback? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything
    you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to visit my website :: visit the following internet page

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is magical, your brows look so amazing!!

    Hand care

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my blog thus i came to “return the favor”.

    I'm trying to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    my webpage - dark spot remover cream

    ReplyDelete