Monday, May 7, 2012

ELF - Lilac and Claire's Nail polish (no name) in glitter sandwich

Hello again everyone, I hope you have been busy trying out dotty manicures after my 2 part post showing you how to achieve the look.

Today I am doing a quick post showing the nails I wore for the weekend. I've had this idea going round my head for a while now but only just got round to trying it! ELF - Lilac is a sheer polish that I knew was asking to have some glitter sandwiched between it and I had the perfect polish for it. Claire's Cosmetics have done a really pretty pastel coloured glitter that annoyingly has no name or number to it!




For the manicure I did two thinnish coats of the Lilac and then one average layer of the glitter. It contains pale gold, pink and green larger hexagonal shapes and smaller square or hexagonal pieces - I can't tell really due to camera issues and don't think my eyesight is any better! Then another average coat of the Lilac to top the sandwich. All finished with a garnish of Revlon topcoat.

Here is the glitter without the final layer of Lilac so you can see the colour of it properly in natural light:





With the final layer of Lilac over the glitter the reflection of light against the glitter is stopped revealing the perfect pastel colours of the glitter and I really like this so much. Even removal was pretty painless as I didn't want to layer too much of the glitter on - keeping it delicate and in keeping with the subdued colour of the lilac. 

Below is in natural light:




This is under artificial light:




Close up, not great focus but enough!:



I hope you liked this look, have any of you tried this glitter sandwich? What are your favourite combinations if so? xxx

57 comments:

  1. Gorgeous glitter sandwich, I love this Claire's glitter!

    I have only once done a glitter sandwich and it looked like mould, haha! Should give it another try someday soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it really is very pretty! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love this, so pretty and delicate <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pastel glitter sandwich! Very springy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I wanted something bright, been wearing too much dark recently saying that I am wearing dark again today!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous combo!!! I love glitter sandwiches. I did one just yesterday. I'll post it soon ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome dear,love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of a glitter sandwich but this is such a pretty look! I'm about to link to your dotty tutorials on today's blog post.

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nic, and thankyou for link too! x

      Delete
  7. Never thought to look in Claire's for nail polish, this is a beautiful look I have this ELF polish myself - lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should LaaLaa, they have quite a few, but smaller bottles that in the USA! and less of a range, we dont have Candy Shop like our US counterparts do, but luckliy a lovely lady Dana, sent to me!

      Delete
  8. I love it! It got everything I love: lilac it´s my fav color, that pastel glitter it´s so pretty and the final combo it´s stunning!! I only did 1 pink glitter sandwich ones..I got to give it a try again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Julie, I too love all things purple, I really like a-england Guinevere too! <3

      Delete
  9. I didn't realize ELF Lilac was so good for a glitter sandwich! I need to experiment more with mine. This is a really lovely look Esther and that glitter really comes to life this way. I'm impressed!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela, it is pretty sheer so as I dont have many jelly polishes to do them, I though I'd try this. :-) x

      Delete
  10. oh such a pretty jelly sandwich!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I haven't seen a pastel glitter like this before, hope our Claire's sells it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Silke, let me know if you find it, if not I can get one for you.

      Delete
  12. I love that glitter! Well, I love everything about the post, really, but the glitter is so pretty... Might have to go get it, if they still have it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really pretty glitter, I found it by accident really,and glad I did!

      Delete
  13. This looks so girly and cute! I should really try sandwiching glitters any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sabine, it's definitely more girly than I usually go! would love to see what you come up with.

      Delete
  14. Cute!! I have ELF's Lilac color (it was the last color I just took off :P), but don't have the glitter one by Claire's. I'm loving them both together! <3

    - Esther
    http://roseywinterrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Esther, I really like the ELF Lilac, its so pretty!

      Delete
  15. I love the lilac it's gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks really pretty, I love it!

    Sarah xo
    http://beautyon-abudget.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, I'll have to try the glitter sandwich some time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gosh! lovely combo here esther!
    but right now all i can think of is how much i want to have glitter sandwich on my eyes (not as a polish though haha ouuuch!)..../Azure

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very very sweet! Cute combination!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful combination! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the glitter polish, kinda reminds me of The Legend of Zelda?!
    Love glitter sandwiches too, this is yummy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, love the lilac colour. The glitter coat's cute too but I'm so conservative that I'd probably stick to the lilac:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this sandwich Esther!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is gorgeous -- so sweet and easy :))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glitter sandwiches are something I admire from afar and try ... well only once.
    Love the light purple with the glitter. Great pair

    ReplyDelete