Sunday, April 1, 2012

Black and White Nail Challenge - Day 1: Black on White

Hello everyone, I have been roped (not really!!) into doing the Black and White nail challenge! For those of you not familiar with this challenge, I believe it originated from a lady called Mateja over at Purple Glitters Blog and I have already seen some people doing the challenge. 

I am doing the challenge with five other ladies, two of whom are new to me amongst nail bloggers (hello Emily and Stephanie!) also Cris, Rie and Sammy who are world famous for doing the amazing 31 day challenge to an unbelievablly high standard. Even to this day I take great pleasure in re-visiting those manicures.

I'm a bit nervous about being up against some of the best but luckily the challenge is done with two full days between each manicure, which eases pressure in our hectic lifestyles, plus we get to wear the manicures for more than a few hours and gives me ample time to sort out my cock-ups!!! 

So what are the manicures?......




So today is black polish on a white base and I have used China Glaze White on White as a base and dotted using Rimmel Black Pearl and finished with a layer of Revlon topcoat. Black Pearl has a hint of silver shimmer in to give a touch of interest without distracting from the pattern. Without furthur ado here are the photos (my poor camera is on it's way out and is not taking close up or macro shots in focus very well):







I really liked the dotty manicure, but I think next time I will use either a black creme or something with more shimmer in, unfortunately when taking photos the subtle shimmer in the Rimmel ended up making the photos look like my mails were dusty!!

Below are the links to the lovely ladies blog's in alphabetical order of their name, so you can see what manicures they have also come up with:


Emily at The Lacquerologist 

Rie at Nails and Noms 

Sammy at The Nailasaurus 

Stephanie at Sincerely Stephanie


Hope you have liked all of our manicures and will stay tuned to see the rest of the challenge and what ideas we come up with!


The rest of the dates for the challenge are as follows:


2) 4th Apr 2012 - Black base with white
3) 7th  Apr 2012 - Black base with color
4) 10th Apr 2012 - White base with color
5) 13th Apr 2012 - Color base with black
6) 16th Apr 2012 - Color base with white
7) 19th Apr 2012 - Black & white with glitters
8) 22th Apr 2012 - Sponging
9) 25th Apr 2012 - Water marble
10) 28th Apr 2012 - Manicure of your choice with black and white




36 comments:

  1. I love your manicure it looks like it is fun to wear.
    Also I think it really looks good on short nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mateja, definitely looks better in the full hand shot than the closeup, typical that my camera will decide to not work now!

      Delete
  2. This looks great! I adore polka dot manis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! This is my favorite of the b&w I've seen so far!
    So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This challenge sounds amazing! I will definitely be looking into trying this!
    The design you've chosen for todays is gorgeous too :)

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou ladies! Yous hould try it, it's great as it has a few days inbetween posts.

      Delete
  5. Esther, this is gorgeous and so perfectly executed! Love your Dalmation nails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Eugenia, it's a very striking look especially, can't wait to try in other colours! :-)

      Delete
  6. I love this Esther So simple but yet dramatic :) I'm going to enjoy watching you doing this challenge your gonna be fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jo, I am teeming with ideas!!

      Delete
  7. I really love this :) Reminds me of 101 dalmations :) lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it is a bit like dalmations although I never intended it do!

      Delete
  8. this is gorgeous hun,love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sharon, I really liked it so it's good this challenge has a few days between manicures!

      Delete
  9. This completely reminds me of Dalmations! You did an awesome job girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Stephanie, can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest! :-)

      Delete
  10. This is so, so cute Esther, you did an amazing job! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the others, I love challenges but definitely will not be doing this one, I have yet to find a white polish that doesn't make me omit the most obscene swear words! You're a very talented lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.... this white polish was a pain in the a*se I can tell you, I redid this twice!!! I gave up at one point, it drove me to booze!!

      Delete
  11. very cute!!!!!!!!
    http://mimihelena1.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great minds dot alike! Hee hee!!!!! We are all off to such a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Cris, I can't wait to see everyone else for the rest of the challenge!

      Delete
  13. This looks amazing Esther!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jo, it looked much beter in real life!

      Delete
  14. This is so cute Esther! I love the random sized dots. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rie, can't wait to try it agian in different colours!

      Delete
  15. Love this! Looks so retro and your hands look totally cool from a distance. I always love the look of dots on my nails. Can't wait to see the other mani's in the challenge. This will be fun!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela, it is indeed very retro, cant wait to try in other colours!

      Delete
  16. This looks amazing! I love how you've done different sized dots :) Aww good luck with the challenge, look forward to seeing the mani's!

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Aysh, I have so many ideas, but can only squeeze into 9 manicures!

      Delete
  17. You are so talented!! These are perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Crystal, you are too sweet!! They are not perfect close up! :-)

      Delete
  18. This is such a great challenge! And I'm dying to know how you create those dots. I've tried it out once but mine looked more like bird eggs meet cheetah pattern. Horrible! But I'm always so impressed by your manicures! Keep 'em coming : )
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Phlox, don't worry that tutorial is going to be epic! And all for you!

      Delete