Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Black and White Challenge - Day 9: Water Marble

Morning everyone, so we're nearly done on the challenge now, but today's 'effort' by me is water marbling! I vaguely managed to get one hand done ok, but ruined my other hand - after about 3 attempts I gave up!

For the manicure I used Barry M  - Black, Barry M - White and a-england - Lancelot:




Normally I like doing water marbling but I was having problems with most of the black and white polishes I tried. Some were too thick I think and didn't spread properly. Also when I tried some of the other black polishes they went grey, I found letting the polish sit for a moment or two in the cup stopped the colours merging to become too grey.

This is the one and only picture I managed to get right as my camera really is going dodgy!



The patterns were quite nice and on the little finger there is a tiny bubble but I like how it sits between the stripes, looks like a bit like the storm on the planet Jupiter, well that's what it reminds me of anyway!


Let's see what the other ladies have done shall we? 

Links to the other ladies blogs so you can see the manicures:

Cris at Let Them Have Polish

Emily at The Lacquerologist 

Rie at Nails and Noms 

Sammy at The Nailasaurus 

Stephanie at Sincerely Stephanie


The last day of the challenge is nearly upon us and it is manicure of choice, however what we are doing is to choose a manicure to re-create which one of our fellow challenge buddies has done! Oh decisions, decisions!! I bet no-one choose water marbling for sure...


To be honest it's very hard to choose which I want to do as all the manicures have been great!


xxx

30 comments:

  1. These look amazing Esther!! :-) I love them! In fact have loved all of this series (despite being a rubbish commentor) I haven't missed a post!

    Jojo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Joanna, no worries on not commenting, I'm just glad you have enjoyed reading them.x

      Delete
  2. I really like this one! Your marble looks fantastic lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This water marble looks great, I think you did a fab job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I've never been able to achieve a marble and it's not due to a lack of ideas! I just can't bring it to work. I don't know, I might miss a chromosome or some brain cells. :P But you make me want to try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nathalie, it can go very right or very wrong as was evidencded by my left hand going well but right hand was terrible!! You should try.

      Delete
  5. WOW this is amazing , i love the pattern and colour you wouldn't tell you had a problem and I see what you mean with the bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS LOOKS GREAT! If I hadn't been tweeting with you about it, I would have never known that you struggled to make this happen...it's gorgeous!! You rocked it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Emily, I struggled with the right hand but left easy, work that one out!!

      Delete
  7. This is really pretty Esther!! Water marbling can be quite frustrating at times, but it's worth it when you get a beautiful result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mairsa, it's defintitely frustrating, but it does look so cool!

      Delete
  8. Wow, it's very neat, how did you get the lines so defined? I must look into how to do this, can imagine it would end badly for me though:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kate, there are lots of videos on YouTube that are helpful.

      Delete
  9. Very nice! I tried marbling once and ever since manicures like this impress me even more :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Pearl, it does waste a lot of polish though, I dunked 3 fingers in at once for this, to save some of it!

      Delete
  10. This looks soo good! I usually chuck a load of colours in when marbling, think I'll try a black and white next time! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Gill, it does look quite striking in this combo!x

      Delete
  11. Oh my! They really are amazing! They make me think of the black and white Nutella type creams(not sure how they are called). I only tried marbling once or twice and I can't bring myself to try again. But all of you ladies are really talented at this!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela, shame the other hand was not so good!!

      Delete
  12. Oh my Gosh... I admit I missed this post! How pretty!!!!
    I've never been to jupiter so I don't know if it resembles a storm there ;) but, I like the pattern just as much :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marta, it does look quit striking in monotone colours, you seem to pay more attention to the pattern than the colour I find. :-)

      Delete