Thursday, April 19, 2012

Black and White Challenge - Day 7: Black and White with glitters

Hello everyone, hope you are ok and enjoying the weather, (at least it goes some way to filling the very low reservoirs round here).

We are now into the latter stages of the black and white challenge and today is black and white with glitter. I originally did a ruffian type manicure for this but the amount of polish on the nail from a million layers of white to get it even and then the glitter with topcoat made it look so thick and caused shrinkage by the time it had dried properly. 

So like the last day of the challenge I had a total re-think (aided by a glass of red) and came up with this quite simple manicure, I ended up really liking this the longer it was on. I used the following colours.

From left to right: China Glaze - White on White, OPI - Mad As A Hatter, Essence - 03 Applause, Applause (from the Circus Circus collection) and black striper pen.



I did 2 thickish layers of the white followed by the red glitter side of the Essence on one half of the nails (in random order), I then used my striper to do a straight (but deliberately not perfect) line down the middle of each nail. The other half of the nail had a thin layer of Mad As A Hatter and then on which I also put one black rhinestone where there was less coverage. I can perfectly cope with this level of rhinestones, no Sammy Syndrome today! 






I still look forward to what my challenge ladies have come up, who wouldn't be? So take a look...

Below are the links to the other ladies blogs so you can see the manicures:


Emily at The Lacquerologist 

Rie at Nails and Noms 

Sammy at The Nailasaurus 

Stephanie at Sincerely Stephanie



The next part of the challenge will be 'sponging' which I am not great at but it'll give me practice! What I am looking forward to is water marbling, it's fun but time consuming however totally worth all the effort.


Thankyou for looking people! xxx

18 comments:

  1. oh this is adorable! I love the different glitter on each side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too, very arty farty Esther, Love the glitter over white! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jo, arty farty!!! Actually I did think it reminded me of a particular artist when I did it, but can't remember who.

      Delete
  3. This is a fun mani Esther. I see you love that red glitter a lot ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! =) I loooove Mad As A Hatter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo... I love this! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, so cute! It reminds me vaguely of dominoes or dice, very original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! yes it is like dominoes, now you mention it!

      Delete
  8. These look super cute! As always I want your nail polish collection :(

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lucy, I see that your collection is building up nicely though! :-)

      Delete
  9. Very cute and interesting combo! Both the glitters are amazing and of course you are very lucky to own Mad As A Hatter! Wish I were as lucky.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela. I was lucky to get it at a good price on ebay as they normally go for a lot. x

      Delete