Monday, April 16, 2012

Black and White Challenge - Day 6: Colour base with something White

Hello everybody, todays part of the black and white challenge involves colour base with some white. I did try my hardest to do some stamping last night but am still a total novice at it, so was looking pretty poor!! By the time I'd given up trying it was quite late and I was totally lacking any inspiration by then. Even a glass of wine didn't help!

So I went back to dots which I do love! Using the following China Glaze colours I did a base of Riveting, and then dotted the other three colours (Turned Up Turquoise, Flying Dragon and White on White), I then went over all of that with the orange Riveting using  a smaller dotting tool to get a bit more of that stunning colour back.


Left to right - Riveting, Flying Dragon, Turned Up Turquoise, White on White:



Here is the result (excuse poor clean up job it was about midnight!):





It was nice and sunny when I woke up this morning so I decided to try and get some photos to show the stunning shimmer in Riveting and the blue glitter in the purple Flying Dragon:




Here's a bit of a close up, not totally in focus, as my poor camera is really on it's way out, but it'll do for the time being!




Thankyou so much for looking and thankyou to my challenge ladies who have given me a lot of new followers in the last two weeks! Let's see what beautiful looks they have come up with...


Below are the links to the other ladies blogs so you can see the manicures:


Emily at The Lacquerologist 

Rie at Nails and Noms 

Sammy at The Nailasaurus 

Stephanie at Sincerely Stephanie


Next part of the challenge will be black and white with glitters, I have enough glitter polish to keep a tranvestite satisfied for a lifetime so who know's which one to choose!!!


Till next time.xxx

32 comments:

  1. I am poor in stamping either .... i think it needs a lot of practice . Maybe in some time we will do it :-) apropos your dots are beautiful! !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think at this rate it's going to take me foreveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr!!!!! I'll stick to an accent nail for stamping and carry on with dots!;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so in love with this! Especially the close up you can see the glitters in the dots. Looks fantastic <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Stephanie, I liked how there are different finishes on a closeup level!

      Delete
  3. Such a fun mani!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pretty!! =) Love the close up...the shimmer is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful, love the use of China Glaze Riveting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Deborah, I totally love Riveting!

      Delete
  6. I'm dying over how awesome this looks, especially close up. You've got more strength than me, I know I could not handle a late night detailed manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tina, I was pretty tired but didn't take the pics till the morning!

      Delete
  7. This is amazing!!! I am totally loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this is bloody brilliant I love it reminds me of Jelly tots,I love dotticures too :D And Riviting looks awesome , I can't wait to try it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jo! Yes it is like jellytots, I forgot they existed! You must try Riveting very soon. It's beautiful.

      Delete
  9. This is gorgeous, Esther!
    I'm always curious on what you're going to create next time I'm stopping by here!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Phlox! I am brimming with ideas for the next one, but will probably change my mind at the last minute!!

      Delete
  10. This is simply stunning. So so so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :-) (I was stopped in my local Superdrug yesterday with lady wanting to look!)

      Delete
  11. Wow great nails.. and great blog too may I add! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Safiyah, I hope you will continue to read, I wil have a few non- nail posts soon! x

      Delete
  12. Stamping can be a git, i have some Konad stamps and occasionally they look fab but if you mess it up it just looks terrible!!!!!
    Loving the coloours you chose here though - totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Emma, it's definitely summery! (I'm not sure if it's me needing more practice or the image plates I'm using!)

      Delete
  13. These are so pretty... like little bubbles! Your skin is such a beautiful colour you lucky lady!
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nic, they certainly do look like little bubbles and thankyou for saying my skin is a nice colour, I am quite lucky to get away with a range of colours but generally more towards the cooler spectrum. x

      Delete
  14. Wow! Your manis are always so colorful! And I love the many ways in which you combine dots. Lovely! What stamper do you use for your stamping? I don't like to spend a lot on Konad plates but I did buy the Konad stamper and scraper and it brought a great improvement to my stamping.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela, it's fair to say I do like bright colours especially come sringtime to celebrate the longer days, but I do LOVE snow! I use a Cheeky Stamper that looks like it's similar to all the others. The scraper just keft massive scratches on the plates, so I use a bendy plastic card (like a bank card).

      Delete
    2. Well I don't have the Cheeky stamper but I've heard it's not that good. I just googled an image and it looks like the cheap ones from Born Pretty. I have used one from Born Pretty and I can tell you that while it might look the same it made a world of difference to me using the Konad. I used to have issues with the whole image not transferring properly with the BP stamper. Now it's a lot better and I don't even use Konad polish.

      Delete
  15. This is really pretty, calls for summer and cocktail in hand though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mafi and I'm definitely with you on the cocktail in hand! :-)

      Delete
  16. I love this, the colours look awesome and the design is great :) x

    ReplyDelete