Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Black and White Challenge - Day 4: White Base with some colour

Hello everyone, here we are with day 4 of the challenge, a white based manicure with some colour. I did have plenty of ideas for this one but time constraints meant I couldn't do exactly what I wanted to in the end for this one, but I may do it for another of the challenge days. (Also I quickly want to say thankyou for all your lovely comments so far and will get round to catching up on the rest of my challenge ladies posts asap! Was away for the weekend so not had chance to comment.)


I needed cheering up by the end of this weekend so I decided what is more cheering than the sight of tulips growing in these spring months. These are some of my favourite spring flowers and I have seen so many about in peoples gardens - all sorts of bright colours. 


So I decided to do little tulips on my nails, all freehand art using the following colours:




China Glaze - White on White as the base, Illamasqua - Smash for the stems, Boots 17 - GoGo/ Nails Inc - Piccadilly Circus/ Rimmel - Blue My Mind/ Revlon - Tropcana and Red Hot Tamale for the flower petals, and finally Revlon Jaded Night for the leaves.

It took me a fair while to do but was easy I just had to make sure it was all completely dry before adding topcoat. Having to paint 'upside down' as my hands were flat on surface didn't help either!








Once I'd added the topcoat, I ended up quite liking this manicure, I think I will try it again in the future but maybe slightly different, perhaps just two flowers on each nail. 


My hands looked a bit cold and wrinkly as we'd been to Brands Hatch yesterday to watch Bristish Superbikes, it was great fun but, oh my, it was SO COLD and rainy and windy. We left early to make sure the girls didn't get to cold despite having 6 layers on each and good job we did as the rest of the meeting was called off due to dangerous conditions. I still hadn't warmed up by 10.30 last night when I took this photos!!!


Anyway enough of that... I am excited to see what the rest of the ladies have come up with today for the challenge, please take a look!!



Below are the links to the other ladies blogs so you can see the manicures:


Emily at The Lacquerologist 

Rie at Nails and Noms 

Sammy at The Nailasaurus 

Stephanie at Sincerely Stephanie


Before I go I want to say a big welcome to all my new followers since starting this challenge and a big thankyou to my 'oldies' for staying with me. xxx

44 comments:

  1. your nails look great! so easter-ish :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is gorgeous Esther!! Your freehand art is pure perfection. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rie, I quite liked it in the end, will def do again!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely amazing, Esther! I wish I could freehand like that - what a steady hand! :D LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Dana, I just sort of blobbed it on!

      Delete
  4. Esther, this is beautiful! I'm horrible at freehand nail art, but yours looks like it's been done by a pro! I love it.

    Hope you're well =)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the tulips are so beautiful! Absolutely spot on for spring!!!!! I am going to copy your mani so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and please do I'd love to see it. :-)

      Delete
  6. OMG This is stunning my dear!!!! Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous!! You did an amazing job on the tulips :D I totally want to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Esther!!! What a great job on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marisa, I really enjoyed doing them!

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness they look wonderful! Totally going to try something like this. Hope you had an awesome time at the superbikes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It was good fun but the weather was terrible!

      Delete
  10. The tulips are so pretty, you are amazing to be able to do this so well on BOTH hands! You're very talented x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sharon, think you should have a go!

      Delete
  11. Very pretty and colorful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is one of the most beautiful manis i've seen recently!!
    So fun and springy (even though tulips are winter flowers ;-))
    I totally love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou JinJit! I can assure over here in freezing cold England hey are spring flowers! :-D I really like this manicure though and will do again hopefully a bit neater. x

      Delete
  13. I LOVE them! They are so cute! And fresh! It's cold over here too so I really needed a springy boost. You really outdid yourself with this one Esther!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela, they were certainly the boost I needed to cheer me up.x

      Delete
  14. This is really pretty! Your freehand nail art is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First up! I so want to get to Brands Hatch and watch me some super bikes:) Jealous! OMG your nails are lovely , love the tulips and your right they are popping up all over :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt realise you liked bikes Joanne? I love watching them, it's great fun! I've seen so many in the last week or so even more than last year I'm sure.

      Delete
  16. This is lovely, Esther! But my palms getting sweaty just thinking about painting all this! You're so talented!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Phlox, I loved your half moon manicure the other day. Hope to see some on the your blog!

      Delete
  17. oh wow so pretty! they kind of remind me of a watercolour painting :) points to you for taking on a polish challenged though :D

    I've awarded you the liebster blog award (kiiind of cheating as you have more than 200 followers, but i reeallly wanted to award you this!) There's a post back on my blog with some rules to follow :)

    good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I like that it has a couple of days in between as it defintely takes pressure off!

      Thankyou for the blog award, I am notoriusly bad at following them uo but will try! x

      Delete
  18. This is so cute! I saw this post a few days ago and you inspired me to do a similar manicure with field flowers instead of tulips (because it was easier to hide that I suck at nail art that way). I'm going to upload the pictures soon, thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Pearl :-) I am so pleased I am inspiring people to do similar, it's also one of my aims in blogging, to enjoy what I do with my blogging and hopefully inspire others! x

      Delete
  19. Every one of your designs is so pretty!xx

    http://blamingbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this design, so cute. I have loved all your black and white challenge too! I have given you a blog award :-) http://www.10blankcanvases.com/2012/05/award-time.html

    ReplyDelete