Saturday, April 7, 2012

Black and White Challenge - Day 3: Black base with some colour

Hello again everyone, back with day 3 of the challenge, today is a black base with some colour. I had loads of idea for this one, but I the one I have for you today is quite simple and easy to do. But to be honest once I'd finished it, I really didn't like it (too many rhinestones?) and it came pretty much straight off.  As I was away from home yesterday (Friday), I did not have time to re-do, so this was all I had. It's ok but I hated the feeling of the rhinestones on my nails and I got a bit of 'Sammy syndrome' and wanted to pick them all off! 


For the base it was again my trusty bottle of a-england Camelot and then some added rhinestones By Cheeky (who also do stamping image plates).






 

By the time I'd added the topcoat over the rhinestones too, they had lost a bit of their sparkle, which was also why I was slightly disappointed. But you need a topcoat over or they get caught and fall off! Oh well.

Anyway, I know the other ladies wil have come up with some beauties so please do check them out:
Below are the links to the other ladies blogs so you can see the manicures:


Emily at The Lacquerologist 

Rie at Nails and Noms 

Sammy at The Nailasaurus 

Stephanie at Sincerely Stephanie


Thankyou for looking everyone, and I am looking forward to the next manicure, as I have had the idea in my head for this one since I knew I was doing the challenge. xxx

26 comments:

  1. I think they look really funky, you could go clubbing with them nails, I know what you mean with the rhinestones they aren't a favourite of mine , hard work when real life takes hold , mine fell off after the washing up! I love this look :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Joanne, they were driving me crazy before I;d even finished the manicure!!

      Delete
  2. Haha 'Sammy Syndrome'!! I don't understand how people can wear rhinestones withOUT picking them off! I love the symmetrical but different thing you've got going on! And the crosses... genius ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sammy, I didn't even do crosses on purpose for easter, just couldn;t think of anything else to do!!

      Delete
  3. Love the design Esther! I find the feeling of rhinestones on my nails weird so don't wear them often at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks brilliant, your rhinestones are perfect! Haha I pick glitter polish off, so rhinestones or beads don't stand a chance on my nails!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sharon, I think maybe I could live with an accent nail but not all like this.x

      Delete
  5. This looks so fantastic! The rhinestones are so cool with the symmetrical but not pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look - but yes, I too, would pick them off. Like an angry woodpecker. I'll file it away for a fun few hours out, though! Thanks for the awesome swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I think as Jo above said perfect for a night out but not for longer!

      Delete
  7. Pretty! I've never tried rhinestones...I feel like I'd want to pick them off!! =) Looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This is freakin awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely! I would probably not wear rhinestones myself because I just can't take them on my nails. But I would probably do dots of polish instead. Maybe glittery ones.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela, I do wish I had done with dotting tool and glitter now! :-)

      Delete
  10. I am quite fond of gemstones on the nails... I don't know... there is something about them that makes me happy. I will agree, adding a topcoat DOES dull them a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they look lovely on you Marta, I can cope with maybe one or 2 but all those were just too much!! It's sucha shame about the topcoat dulling them. I might try painting carefully around them next time if 1 or 2.

      Delete