Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Black and White Challenge - Day 2: White on Black

Hello everyone, well I hope you liked Day 1 of the Black and White Challenge and you also took a look at the other ladies manicures via the links I put at the end of the post. Todays offering is a black base with white on top.

For this I decided to have fun with a splatter manicure, using  A-England Camelot as the base and China Glaze White on White for the splatter!



This manicure is so easy to do but messy which is half the fun! Although you really need to tape around the nail area to avoid too much cleaning up I got bored by my second finger and just splattered away! Clean up didn't take too long! I then finished with Revlon topcoat.

For those interested I used a bog standard bendy straw (from Sainsbury's supermarket) to blow down to create the splatter. I quite like the effect it produces, almost reminds of me of when you pour milk into coffee and it swirls about, (well that or bird poo. Sorry).







I think it'd look great done in more than one colour and there are plenty of splatter manicures out there to look at with this done.

Don't forget to look at my other challenge mates manicures using the links below, also don't forget to blow not suck. The straw, people, the straw.



Emily at The Lacquerologist 

Rie at Nails and Noms 

Sammy at The Nailasaurus 

Stephanie at Sincerely Stephanie

Thankyou for looking!! xxx

40 comments:

  1. I really love this idea :) It looks messy but really effective and great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this , Another technique I need to try! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Joanne!Would love to see what you come up with.x

      Delete
  3. Haha brilliant post Esther! I really want to try a splatter now, my mind is racing at the thoughts of which colours to use, this is fantastic! And not at all like bird poo ;-) Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sharon, I hope to see one on your blog very soon!

      Delete
  4. Love this! I love splatters because each nail is just a little different! You did a great job <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Emily, I think I like it for this reason!

      Delete
  5. Cool, it looks very "Jackson Pollock-esque", haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Andrea, thats the second time I've been told it looks like a Pollock painting!

      Delete
  6. I love it Esther!!! I really need to give the splatter mani a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marisa, I think it would look great on you, Wonder what colours you'd use!! :-)

      Delete
  7. looks really good haha - if it had been black on white then maybe it would have looked like bird poo haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG loool! I was *THISCLOSE* to doing a splatter!! Great minds really do think alike hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) That would've been kind of cool, let see what we come up with for day 3!

      Delete
  9. I love this! I like that it's in black and white and it seems to be smaller splatters than other manis I've seen - I love it. Very psychedelic. And I was thinking the same thing about blow, not suck, and then you wrote it down! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kaki, it sort of came out in splats or 'stringy' pattern & I've no idea why!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thankyou Rie, I suppose it does, better than my description!

      Delete
  11. It looks like marble tile to me! I was actually thinking of doing a design inspired by the marble tile at one of the hospitals I was in, but didn't know how. I don't know why splatter didn't come to mind. I really love this Esther! Great job! I'm having fun with your challenge!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela! I hope you do the manicure inspired by the hospital tiles, were they blue?? :-)

      Delete
  12. This is actually really cool! Am gonna give you my speal-can you please disable your word verification? My poor old eyes cant see the letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I've done it now Fingers, didn't even realise it was on!!!

      Delete
  13. I like it, better then any crackle effect. Looks like granite or some posh marble work surface. Very cool. I'd end up getting it up the walls lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou TeeDee, I think I prefer this to the crackle effect too!

      Delete
  14. This is so simple but looks so FAB ;o) You did a great job and your nails look great, Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing! Bird poo lol, that had me giggling :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Esther this looks amazeballs!!! It looks like some of the tile at my in-laws house, I definitely did not get a bird poop vibe at all lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jacqui, at least nobody else thinks it looks like birdpoo, and the overwhelming response is marble tiles!!

      Delete
  17. Ooooooo this 'bird poo' lmao looks very appealing. Love this design can't wait to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can;t wait to see on your blog LaaLaa! x

      Delete
  18. Hi... my comment is a broken record, but you made spit nailpolish look so classy!
    Your nails have this element of sophistication IMO that truly makes all the manicures you sport look elegant!
    I really like how you used these two colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marta, you are too sweet! Thankyou so much, I just wish my nails didn;t keep breaking, but I suppose short is practical!!

      Delete