Thursday, March 15, 2012

Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism - Apocolips lipstick, Fundamental palette & Neutral palette

Hello everyone, back again today with the some items from the Human Fundamentalism collection by Illamasqua. It was officially released today but I had two palettes and a lipstick on pre-order so got mine today in the post. I was quite restrained with the delivery man! (Oh and no nail polish I'm afraid from this collection but did get some lovely polishes today from Mihaela at Lacquer Buzz which I can't wait to show you.)

As well as the makeup I received a booklet with some of the promotion looks and with all the available products, here are some of the images I took photo's of (click to enlarge!):







The one item I most excited about was the teal lipstick named Apocolips, a very beautiful colour that you can see on the model in the picture above. It's very much a 'suit all skintones' shade and I loved it!




YES it's different and NO I don't care if people are going to make comments about me wearing it! I love it and it is so different from the ususal pinks/reds/oranges etc. This was super pigmented as one can expect from Illamsqua lipsticks, I have a few now and no complaints (the only thing that would help is perhaps a matching lip liner for this one).

Below - first picture in sunlight and next two in natural light:






I also mixed Illamasqua Drench lipstick over the top of this to create a deep violet colour so Apocolips is also a versatile mixing colour, but I didn't have time to take a photo.


Two palettes were released, the first here being the Fundamental palette:





The colours are clockwise from top left are - Hype (powder/yellow), Surge (liquid metal/cool gold), Inception (powder/purple) and Bedaub (cream pigment/pale green).

These were all really pigmented but I found the powders took a while to build up. I did a quick look, however I did not use a primer and also used disposable applicators (as I always do when trying something for the first time in case I don't like and want to sell or pass on to someone).


This was more to test the colours and I really need to try again to give a proper opinion. Firstly I used Hype over the lid and then Bedaub from lid to brow and under the eye. I used Inception just above the crease and under the eye over the Bedaub but not all the way to inner eye. Finishing off with a touch of Surge in the corner (oh and a bit of Maybelline Gel Liner and ELF mascara):






I LOVED the colours of this palette, all of them, even the yellow which I normally steer clear of!


The next palette was the Neutral palette, which is pretty self explanatory:




The colours are clockwise from top left: Stealth (pale cream), Vintage (antique gold), Obsidian (black) and Wolf (brown), all powder/matte except Vintage which is powder/shimmer finish.


All colours were really pigmented and applied nicely even with disposable applicators, for the look I used Stealth all over lid up to brow, Vintage on the lid, Wolf on upper crease area (about halfway acroos the eye)and under the eye coming fairly low. I then used Obsidian as and eyeliner and blended to soften the look:





In both eye looks I did, I used Chanel Pro Lumiere as a base.

As soon as I opened the Neutral palette I was reminded straight away of the Sleek Nude/Au Naturel palette ( which you can see by clicking here.




I did quick comparisons between some of the colours for you to see, pigmentation wise they are pretty similar.

Below is Stealth on left versus Nougat (Sleek) on right:





Below is Vintage on left versus Moss (Sleek) on right, slightly different colour and Vintage is a touch more shimmery:






Below is Wolf (top middle) versus Conker (Sleek) on top left - Wolf is less shimmery, versus Regal (Sleek) on top right - Wolf is less purple and finally versus Bark (Sleek) on bottom - Wolf is lighter and touch more purple in colour: 






Finally Obsidian on left versus Noir (Sleek) on right - Noir is darker and was more pigmented and took longer to remove than the Obsidian, however I used one of my brushes to try blending out on to my arm and Obsidian blends more easily.






I think if you are on a budget and don't want to stretch to Illamasqua you won't go far wrong with the Sleek palette, you could mix some of the colours easily to create the Illamasqua ones. Personally for me, I think colour wise the Sleek palette colours suit me better as they are cooler toned and therefore work on my light olive skin. 

The Illamasqua Neutral palette will though, be perfect for taking away on weekends or holidays as you can do everyday looks and also glam up for nightime by building up the intensity.

Both palettes are available from Illamasqua and priced at £30 each, the lipstick is £15.50.
Will you be indulging in any of the new collection at all?  Come on, you all know you want the teal lipstick!! It's gorgeous! xxx



28 comments:

  1. I LOVE everything in this post, Esther!!! You totally remind me of this chick from the movie 'The Fifth Element' --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoW_ZOfsrzA&feature=related

    :oD Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I love that film, she rocks some badass nails too! Thankyou Bridget! xx

      Delete
  2. WOW these products look incredible on you - very creative lady!

    I adore the neutral palette.

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nic, I have to say I preferred the Fundamental palette, but hey it's got green & purple in - 2 of my favourite colours. :-)xx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! Your looks are amazing (and you did this on the fly? Kudos!) and I never thought I'd say this, but I want that teal lipstick! I can't believe how good it looks (your application skills may have a lot to do with that, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Eugenia, if you can get the teal lipstick you should as it's also really good for mixing, I will definitely be experimenting! x

      Delete
  4. I am AMAZED by these colors! The lipstick is the star of the show, of course. I can't stop staring at the pictures. I would love to own everything in that color (clothes, nail polish, home decor). I also love the bright colors in the Fundamental palette. I'm starting to like the color blocking look more and more lately. I'm glad your day was so fun with the arrival of these amazing items and I'm glad I've added a bit of nail polish to them as well!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela, I really like that colour too! Any blue that is green leaning i.e teal or turquoise gets my vote! I'm sort of starting to like colour blocking too,I was never a great fan, being a mtchy matchy sort of person! P.s the Eveline holographic nail polish is stunnning on! xx

      Delete
  5. ESTHER!! Only you could get away with wearing colors this bright and fab, please never stop! ♥ I love the first eyeshadow quad and that lipstick is craaazy but in such a good way! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thankyou Rie, I do like bright way out there colours when it comes to makeup, I think thats why I prefer the Fundamental palette to the Neutral one! But the lipstick will definitely get an outing, not sure how people will react!

      Delete
  6. I just love the lipstick it's so cool and unique! looks beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it certainly is unique, my girls love it on me!

      Delete
  7. The lipstick suits you! I think it's gorgeous, I'm just a little bit hesitant to spent this much on something I will rarely be able to wear, but it is tempting. I prefer the fundamental palette too, the colors are fun together, but you can still combine them with neutrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankoyu Pearl, I understand what you mean, thats why I had a little experiment & mixed with another colour, and it worked! :-)

      Delete
  8. Omg this post is fab!!! I love all the looks you did, and I am in love with that turquoise lipstick. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jacqui, the lipstick is cool! will wear in summer most definitely! xx

      Delete
  9. I love the lipstick. It looks great on you! And I'd yet to see a good eye look with yellow but you totally did it. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kaki, I was hesitant about gettig as yellow is not normally great on me, but it's bright enough to really stand out.

      Delete
  10. Esther! I love your lips and I'm amazed by the creative looks you've did with those palettes, the purple one is just divine. I was eyeballing that neutral palette but after your compared it to the Sleek one, I think I'll pass. My visa card is very thankful to you :)
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Phlox! I love the blue lipstick, nearly wore yesterday but went for Illamsqua Drench instead! I love the Fundamental palette, and yes if I'd known was so similar to the Sleek one my vias card would've been thankful too! ;-)

      Delete
  11. I'm not quite sure WHEN I'd wear this lipstick but I LOVE it (and you have killer lips, lucky you!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nathalie, I'm sure I'll find a time to wear it!

      Delete
  12. I don't wear makeup and am not really into it, but that lipstick definitely made me look twice! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, in all the posts I've seen of people wearing it, I think it really looks great on all skintones.

      Delete
  13. Wow Esther!!! I'm not into makeup at all but I genuinely enjoyed this post! incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey do you have the Sirens 4 colours palette by Illamaqua? How do you think that one is?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nathalie, I'm afraid I don;t own that palette, I think it was out quite a while ago and never got round to buying it.

      Delete