Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Animal Print manicure using Max Factor nail polish - Fantasy Fire

Good afternoon everybody, I am here with a new post re-creating a look that was done for Max Factor by manicurist Zarra Celik who has worked with some of the biggest names in beauty and fashion, doing manicures for the likes of Erdem and Holly Fulton backstage.

I was sent the products by Max Factor to do the look for myself and I'm sure by now you have all heard about the storm created by Fantasy Fire! It is supposed to be a dupe of the very rare Clarins 230 nail polish, however I couldn't possibly say as I don't have it to compare. But I can assure you that this polish is spectacular in it's own right, shifting from an almost electric purple to green and packed full of very fine red shimmer. LOVE!

Without furthur ado, this is the finished look done by Zarra: 





It's a beautiful animal print manicure, something I have really been experimenting with lately, but this will be my first post featuring the look on my blog.

Along with the Fantasy Fire, I was sent in the kit a black nail art pen, a brush and dotting tool.




I did a base layer of Rococo Nail Apparel in Playgirl, and then three coats of the Fantasy Fire, followed by using the nail artpen to do 'broken diamond' shapes for the animal print. In the spaces I used the dotting tool to put little spots of black and finished the manicure with a layer of topcoat to really give it shine.

This is the finished look in bright sunlight folowed by a couple of close up photos:




I was quite pleased with the finished look and how easy it was to re-create, it didn't take me long at all, and I think I might do it again for a night out in the near future.







Max Factor Fantasy Fire is part of a new limited edition range called Via Tortona and also has Moon Dust, Graffiti, Meteorite and Odyssey Blue in that particular collection.

I have bought all the others apart from the Odyssey Blue which was sold out, but will still be on a hunt for it. These retail at £3.99 for 4.5ml.

Have any of you ladies managed to track them down yet? xxx


45 comments:

  1. This looks goregous!! I am definitely going to try and recreate this, thank you for sharing :)

    Carissa xx

    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Carissa, I really loved this, do give it a try would love to see. :-)

      Delete
  2. Has all my favourite elements (PURPLE!!!!) in one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is really pretty! Og course I love the shimmer of Fantasy Fire but your leopard print looks so neat and authentic plus it is purple... What else do you need ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sabine, can't wait for you to get yours!

      Delete
  4. WOW!! I haven't tried any art like that...thinking I may need to though!! This is lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Crystal, you should try, it is so easy but looks really cool!

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing Esther!!! I love it. You did a really great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marisa, I really like it, I think the key is to not be too perfect with it, looks more natural. x

      Delete
    2. I agree with Marisa! You did an awesome job!! Love, love, love it!! I'm dying to get my hands on Fantasy Fire. I'm going to have to beg my UK relatives to send it, since its not available here. I love Max Factor Polish anyway, and it makes me so sad that I just can't get it unless I happen to be in Europe, which doesnt happen all that often!

      Delete
  6. The lovely lady at Boots on the Max Factor counter took my details a few days ago. She rang me this morning as they'd had a delivery of 3 bottles of Fantasy Fire, she saved one for me to collect. Can't wait to try it out, this mani is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sherry, I hope you get it soon, it really is so pretty.

      Delete
  7. Squeeeee! This is stunning Esther!!! I love it!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rebecca! You need to try it! :-) xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! I love it! I have Fantasy Fire and Graffiti from the range, and I want the rest! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kat, I love Meteorite & MoonDust but cant pick between the 2!

      Delete
  9. Bloody stunning, the animal print is fabulous love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jo, you should try it for your blog! x

      Delete
  10. Just breath taking! I'm speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That purple colour is AMAZING! I need to track it down ASAP lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, it's stunning, shame such tiny bottles.

      Delete
  12. I can't wait to get my bottle of this!!! SO awesome you were sent this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fingers, how are you? Karma for me sending so many out across the world & tracking it down I think! ;-) x

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thankyou Marketta, yours should eb with you soon. :-)

      Delete
  14. Oh WOW! I love this, Esther! You're amazing! Never thought that Max Factor had such awesome varnish! You would cry if you saw me working that nail art brush! I'm amazed by your creations, as always ;)
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Phlox, I'm sure I wouldn't cry!! MF have only recently bought these out, there are some really pretty ones!

      Delete
  15. Such a super-gorgeous manicure, now you'll have me hunting online to try and find Fantasy Fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow this looks amazing. Great job, I love how the shimmer of Fantasy Fire pops up underneath the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it's not normally a colour I'd put with animal print but it looks good!

      Delete
  17. Esther, this is FAB-U-LOUS! I love the print and how great it contrasts with Fantasy Fire. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rie, it does look pretty ,the polish is bright/electic enough to show through!

      Delete
  18. I received this kit today. Seems like there's no dotting tool or brush in mine. Strange...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Mihaela, that is very strange, ,I think you should be able to use the nail pen without too much pain though. x

      Delete
  19. Holy *****(insert expletive here) I WANT THAT POLISH!

    ReplyDelete
  20. GASP you are a genius! This is the most beautiful animal print nail I've ever seen!

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnakyou Nic, it was pretty easy to do! :-)

      Delete
  21. OH MY GAWD! This is SUPERB!
    The inspiration look is great but your recreation is FABULOUS!!!!!
    Esther, I truly bow down to you for this look! WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnakyou Marta!! I really enjoyed doing this and will definitely do again!

      Delete
  22. I purchased Maxfactor Products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/maxfactor/

    ReplyDelete