Monday, January 30, 2012

Shizzlelips Metallic Lip Foils - Review

Hello everyone, sorry it's been a while between posts but have been very busy doing all sorts of things! Some not so interesting things and some very exciting things! 


Anyway, today I have Metallic lip foils sent to me for review from Shizzlelips.

 


These are basically foil transfers for the lips. Although they just look like a flat colour on the strips, once on they slightly crackle with the natural creasing on the lips giving a very sparkly finish.

In each pack which currently retails for £12.50 you receive glue, one metre of the foil (which gives 6-12 applications depending on the thickness of your lips) and instructions.

Before starting any application there is a warning to do a test patch of the glue first, this is because like eyelash glue it contains latex. Now if you are latex intolerant (like myself) or allergic you CANNOT use the glue. I bought myself some non-latex eyelash glue to try these out from buyeyelashes.co.uk but still did a test patch. 

The instructions are easy to follow and not longwinded, and you can see in the photo (below) the foil at the top after I had applied to the lips:




My first attempt was pretty poor to be honest, I didn't wait for the glue to dry enough and it rubbed off when trying to reapply. Below was using the colour Ruby Red:




I tried to put a bit of concealer round the edge to neaten it up but it didn't really work very well so I just needed practice! Ruby Red is a stunning colour which reminded me of a beautiful lipstick that Urban Decay used to do called Tramp, it was a really pigmented metallic lipstick, sadly no longer made.

Although pretty easy to apply after a couple of goes, my tips for a perfect application are:
  • Ensure you get the glue applied as neatly and in the shape you want on the first 'pressing', you can then add more to fill in gaps.
  • Leave glue till almost completely dry - or you run the risk of the foil sticking to the glue but also pulling the glue of the lip and ending with a sticky mess!
  • Smile as wide as you can and press on the foil as hard as you can to really attach to the glue.
  • Pull off very quickly - think wax strip!
  • If filling in gaps try not to get glue over where you have foil already as the foil may be pulled off on subsequent 'pressings'.  
  • Make sure lips are bone dry and try not to get it in the corners where lips are naturally wetter (or too inside the lip area).
  • Don't worry if there are tiny gaps, where it cracks on the lips it'll have these and you wont be walking about like a cheshire cat grinning all of the time anyway!! Enjoy.                                             

Below sparkling in the sunshine is Bolshie Blue, I LOVED this colour:






Here is Glam Gold, this would look so cool on the beach in summer, trouble is you'd be constantly getting the mirror out to admire.






You can see my application is still not perfect but I have tried putting on another person and it looked better, again as with all new things, practice makes perfect.

These foils are pretty hardwearing and I wore for a few hours without needing to touch up, and they saw me through drinking and eating. Removal is not too bad, well not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Shizzlelips recommend using some sort of oil suitable for the lips. I rubbed a little bit of Boots Botanics Organic Eye Makeup Remover and then used a damp facecloth to gently rub it off, finishing with a bit of lipbalm to soothe and counteract any dryness. 

I would say if you are daring enough to wear this, do give them a try. They are great fun and not just for clubbing, or fancy dress. There are 10 different colours to choose from and are available directly from Shizzlelips . Have any of you already tried these at all? I could have done with these in my teenage years!


I'll be back again soon with my next post as requested by Samantha about my nailcare routine. xxx

37 comments:

  1. These look great! The Ruby red looks amazing on! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou TeeDee, it was a gorgeous colour and in my haste chose to try first, should've tried another colour first and saved that one!

      Delete
  2. I've tried mine twice now and we just don't get on, more practice for me, I do everything it says too -.-

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On no Lucy, keep at it, I really like them and mine are not perfect by any means! x

      Delete
  3. These look amazing, but I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to wear them outside! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt I'd ever wear this stuff but I have to admit they look stunning on! Seriously eye-catching!

    I'm sure I could get away with it at a Asian wedding..!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - the blue and gold shades are stunning! I thought these lip foils would look odd but I am in love with the look of the last two here..

    Phoebe x

    inbeautyland blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Phoebe, the blue was amazing,it was super sparkly in the sun! x

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, this looks like such fun !

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! These look so stunning & so much fun! I've seen a few posts on lip foils & they've looked great, not sure if I would be brave enough to wear em though! Maybe just around the house... ;) LOL!

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaankyou Aysh, nothing worng with being glam at home, you should try them! x

      Delete
  8. Wow!! I never saw anything like this before. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marisa, neither had i till I was sent these, they look really cool but definitely not for the fainthearted! xx

      Delete
  9. Wow, the gold is gorgeous- so bling! Wonder if they have a holo one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a holo one would be amazing!!! Better get on to Shizzle lips with that idea!

      Delete
  10. Oh this is beautiful,loves it especially e Ruby one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon these would look amazin gon you there's a really nice purple one that would look great on you. x

      Delete
  11. Honey I can't believe you have criticised your application - I swear I thought those were professional promo pics and was gobsmacked when I realised it was you!! I actually love the little bits of lip showing through in some of them - looks like gold leaf.

    You're one of the few people who could get away with wearing these and look seriously hot.

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nic, it took a few tries to get it right, & I'm quite fussy, I didn't show the purple ones as were not good! I would love to wear these somewhere, but not sure where,as a full time mum, can;t rally wear on the school run! Imagine the looks I'd get. :-D

      Delete
  12. If I tried this, I'd have it stuck all over my chin. Your application is ace. I think it looks good with a tiny bit of lip showing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Grace, they're not too bad to apply once you really get the hang of them,and lasted really well. Could've Shizzled my way around Hollywoods club back in the day with these beauties! ;-)

      Delete
  13. WOW, that is really cool and intriguing!! I'd def give it a try :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These would look stunning on you Maryam!

      Delete
  14. WHOA! Esther these are fantastic! I especially love Bolshie Blue and Glam Gold. And I definitely chuckled a little bit looking at the instructions whenever it mentioned "needing more shizzle". I'll have to see if they ship internationally, these look like they would be so much fun for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rie, I'll find out for you if they ship overseas, I'm sure they would. The Bolshie Blue looks amazing with our skin tone! :-)

      Delete
  15. Wow they make the lips so dramatic! Great review :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thakyou DaphYin, they are such good fun!

      Delete
  16. Esther! These are so stunning on you! Great review chicky <3 <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rebecca, hope you feeling better?. xx

      Delete
  17. I got my CG polish in the sale at Sally's! I got the colour sea spray :) They had others in the sale for about £2.50 as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Give me your lips woman! After taking a look at these pictures I just wanna run off to a store and get some myself! I will wear them everywhere! Great review. And thanks for the tip on where to get latex free glue!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I have never heard of these! So cool the gold looks so glamorous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are all so sparkly!!! I like Bolshie blue, it's like a clear lagoon under the sun :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Incredible points. Solid arguments. Keep up the amazing
    spirit.

    Feel free to visit my blog post :: forex trading system

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am really impressed together with your writing skills and also with the format in your
    weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it your self?
    Either way keep up the nice high quality writing, it's uncommon to peer a great blog like this one today..

    My web site :: currency trading - xisbook.com -

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very good post. I certainly love this website. Keep it up!


    Here is my site: best binary options brokers

    ReplyDelete
  24. Exceptional post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thank you!

    Here is my web blog; forex expert advisors

    ReplyDelete