Monday, January 2, 2012

Rockalily Lipstick - Mae Hem

Hello everyone, hope you are ok and all recovered from the new year festivities? 

The first lipstick I have worn this year is also the only lipstick I wore in the month of December and it's called Mae Hem from Rockalily Makeup - an independent makeup company created by ReeRee Rockette, who also does a great blog featuring all things beauty and fashion related for rockabilly ladies.

I was first found out about ReeRee's blog via Twitter and then discovered she created lipstick. I really like vintage style from most era's but from the 50's I can only do the rockabilly style, the 50's cupcake baking housewife thing just isn't me. (Ever the rock chick, Esther!)

Mae Hem was a must for me for two reasons - 1) Mae is my youngest daughters middle name and I'm a soppy old thing, and 2) I love a bright orange-red lipstick. Not often I do wear lipstick but when I do it has to be this colour or shocking pink!




Mae Hem is a limited edition shade, and I think I may have to get back up of it, as when arrived it didn't leave my lips for a week - unheard of! ReeRee has described it as a creamy matte, and I would say this is correct. There is a slight sheen on first application but a quick blot and re-apply sorts it out. The creaminess means it doesn't dry the lips and I wore all day without needing to reapply. I even ate lunch and dinner without ruining it.


Hold fast people, I'm about to post a photo of myself! This lipstick deserves to be shown with my retro eyeliner and squashed quiff (thankyou arguing & crying girls!). Concentrate on the beautiful lipstick and not me looking self-conscious ( skin gone horrible again).

With flash:




Below in natural light:




Below in bright sunlight: 





This is another close up cropped in from another photo (why it's fuzzy) under flash conditions:




Another good thing about these lipsticks, as well as being super pigmented and moisturising is that they are paraben free, and you know that's a good thing in my book.

Mae Hem is yet to be available on the main website page but ReeRee had a few for pre-release to buy via a blogpost, I will try and find out if any more available - mainly for me!!


Do any of you own or have tried a Rockalily lipstick? I think I might try Pompadour Pink next. 

I'll be back with another nail post very soon. xxx

27 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks incredible on you! I am still working on how to describe it on launch, as it can still look quite red, but in tube looks more orange. Anyhow.....looks amazing on you!

    You are right about needing to blot first ;-)

    http://www.rockalily.com/blog/new-rockalily-limited-edition-shade-mae-hem.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might just be a little bit (a lot!) gorgeous my dear xxx
    Love this lipstick on you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're pretty! :) And you rock that lipstick shade so well. (To think that you were shy about posting your picture...hehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nevr heard of e brand before but that colour was made specifically for u darling. U look Beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for your first face picture! The colour is stunning!! You suit it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I really enjoyed this post and being able to put a beautiful face to there person behind this great blog!
    Lovely shade on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so gorgeous! I'm still too self-conscious to put a picture of myself on the blog. You are brave! And your lips are great!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous! I so wouldn't be able to pull off the bright red! :(

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a red lipstick and this one is gorgeous! You wear it well! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. you've made a haul, that's for sure! this looks like a really good red, with just the orange that you need, so the red doesn't go to pink. a messy explanation, i know! but you should wear this a lot, cause it look amazing on you!!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are gorgeous!! Really love this colour on you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to let you know I gave you an award http://therockchicksrambles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have only recently discovered your blog and boy have i been missing out, i love everything about it!! Could i ask for a bit of advice please, it may sound strange but i really struggle to shape my nails and yours are Amazing, so any tips??? Love love love your blog x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know this brand but now i really want to know more about it, that lipstick color is really beautiful on you, it looks quite warm and summery. Congrats for your nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such a pretty colour, I really want it now > . <

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one bright red lipstick!
    It looks lovely :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a lovely color! It is beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ladies, I've been so busy catching up on others posts I've neglected my own comments! THankyou so much for the kind words and it truly is a beautiful lipstic, can;t wait to get another one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this red on you Esther! F.A.B.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marketta, I can't wait to try another one now, I really want Pompadour Pink, I love pink lipstick like you love pink polish! ;-)

      Delete
  21. That's such a gorgeous lip shade. It looks really good on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, so glad I just read your blog as I've just ordered some of these!

    ReplyDelete