Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year - Fab Favourites of 2011 - New Year Resolutions!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! 

Hello my fab followers, so we begin another new year and as a lot of people have done a best of their favourite products post, I thought I'd do one too... 

First I'll start off by saying that I wish you all a very happy and healthy 2012 and hope it works out to be good for you!


                                     *              *              *             *             * 


This was my new year manicure with a-england's Perceval as the base with the numbers done in a-england's Merlin:




(I was pleased how it turned out considering I had to do on my left hand for photography purposes and I'm left handed. It was quite neat having been done by the right using a dotting tool.)



                                                 *               *               *             *             *


Over the past year there haven't been too many products that have really stood out as being spectacularly great, apart from the following items:


Nail polish - without a doubt The Mythicals Collection created by the wonderful Adina for her small company 'a-england'. I really couldn't choose one particular polish as my favourite so it's wise I just put the whole collection! (Being a huge fan of purple this collection does not disappoint - there are plenty to choose from.)
Not only are the polishes great, the whole idea behind the inspiration of the collection being the legend of King Arthur makes it special - not just another collection churned out to keep up with everyone else. Thought and care has gone into it. The website is a pleasure to navigate and Adina's customer service is one of the best I have experienced in many years. Thankyou Adina, we await the new collection with baited breath!





Above left to right: King Arthur, Excalibur, Merlin, Morgan Le Fay, Iseult, Guinevere, Elaine, Lady of The Lake, Tristam, Lancelot, Camelot, Avalon, Perceval, Galahad, and Holy Grail.

The polishes are available from the a-england.co.uk and there is a promotion available till the 6th of January to get two polishes for a reduced price: Merry - Crowns


Makeup: - Having bought mainly nail polish last year, the only makeup to have really impressed me was Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadow in Epatant. This is a pleasure to use and although expensive it is in my opinion worth every penny. I actually used my Boots Advantage Card points to buy a few Chanel bits at the end of summer last year including this.

The eyeshadow wears all day (or night!) without rubbing off, even on my slightly oily lids. You can easily apply with your finger or the surprisingly good brush - I find the best way is to apply to lid with finger and blend with a fluffy brush and use the enclosed brush to line under the eye. (I tried to take a picture of it but no sun, and the camera flash bleached out the sparkle - a nice sparkle not like glitter a young girl would wear):




Skincare: - Towards the end of the year I have used a few facial skincare items that were quite good for my skintype ( possible posts soon!) but did try some body products too. Over the course of my lifetime I have used many, many creams as having suffered from eczema in my teens and twenties, I needed to. My eczema has cleared up but I still have sensitive skin and even though now oily thanks to lovely hormones (after the birth of second daughter), one area of my body that is still dry is my hands. I'm a bit OCD about handwashing and the use of some acetone polish removers has not helped. 

Step in -  Super Moisturising Hand Cream from balance Me:




It is so overwhelming to see the amount of different products out there to try and I discovered this by subscribing to the Carmine Beauty boxes. I'm so glad to have found it, it's paraben free and when you put on slightly damp hands after washing it keeps them soft and supple. I don't think I'll be changing to another anytime soon!


So that was my favourite products of 2011 and I wonder what 2012 will bring! What have been your favourites of 2011 if any? Any recommendations for me to try?

Also it's that time of year where we all make our resolutions to improve ourselves and generally fail miserably. I'm making an extra concerted effort this year though to do the following:

1) Procrastinate less, my husband's procrastination is rubbing off on me and I can't allow it to!

2) Get more people to recyle and be more environmentally friendly. 

3) Drink more water - I hate it and have to force myself!

4) Read more books - I slacked last year. 

5) Buy less makeup - do I really want it? I don't need it.

6) More knitting  - relaxing and good fun to make things.

7) More exercise - I eat healthily, but I could do with increasing fitness levels & stamina!


Phew that's enough to be getting on with eh?

Until next post. xxx

7 comments:

  1. Love the Mani!!! I have to agree with you about a-England. You've helped to get me hooked, heehee!! Happy New Year <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your New Year's manicure looks so gorgeous! As for resolutions, I'm definitely agreeing with 3, 5 and 7! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you freakin kidding me??? You bought the WHOLE collection???? I am bowing my head to the master!!!! Sweeeeeet!!! See you on twitter my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were a lefty! I'm a lefty too! Why don't you just photograph your right hand like I always do. There's no rule in the book that says your pictures have to be of the left hand. Good job on the nail art! I'm awful at drawing with my right hand. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha such cool manicure! Great idea! Wow you got your list all worked out. I love to drink water, only drink it because I don't like sodas or soft drinks. I'm also going to try to work out more this year, ones not getting any younger!! I also got one from Chanel but it's the shade called Fantasme. Really like the shimmer it brings I tried it as a primer but it didn't worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a haul :D
    And I love the mani :)

    I hope you don't mind me posting a link here, I just wanted to invite you to join my first nail polish giveaway :)
    http://letspolishsomenails.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-100-followers-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou ladies for lovely comments!

    Marisa - you know you want them all!!

    Saira - I've already failed somewhat on the water drinking!

    Fingers - not all at once mind!!

    Mihaela - I dont use a tripod or have one for my camera so have to hold with my right as the button is on the right of camera!!

    EyeGraffiti - I can;t drink soft drinks or fizzies either, water or green tea only! (or the odd real ale)

    LPSN- thankyou will take a look! x

    ReplyDelete