Thursday, January 19, 2012

a-england nail polish - Dragon

Hello dear followers I'm back with a quick post which I'm very excited about! Adina's new collection 'The Legend' is nearly out and I managed to get a couple on pre-order. This one is Dragon as in St. George (which I also have) and the Dragon. It is a green holographic polish with the holo being not quite scattered and not quite as linear as some but very beautiful nonetheless.

Dragon is a one coat polish if you're careful, but I had to do two as I was making toast for my little one and got crumbs on it before fully dry, oops! So this is 2 coats.




I think of all the mythical creatures in fiction, dragons have to be my favourite! 

The colour of this polish does indeed represent all that we think of dragons in terms of colour - green, with iridecense and I'm sure there is a very subtle duochrome to this polish, as there is definitely a golden sheen to it in certain lights and angles, perhaps this represents the fire they breathe?

You can see the golden sheen in the photo below in partial sunlight:





In bright warm tone kitchen spotlight with some nails out of focus to see the holographic shimmer:




 Close up with flash:





 In natural light:




Today was downright miserable being really grey and murky, but I though I'd try on this polish anyway to cheer me up and the sun decided to come out for about ten minutes which was great so I managed to get a few photos. They really don't do the polish justice, in full sun the holographic effect seems much more strong, but my old camera just couldn't pick it up properly.

In sunlight:











Have any of you ordered these polishes or intend to get any? I love a-england polishes as you know, I thank Rebecca of Pandora's Nails for introducing me to them. Rebecca has all the polishes so you can pop over to her blog and see the all of them in the bottles, can't wait to see her photos of them on her nails!

The new collection will be available very soon at the usual price of £9.00 to include postage ( worldwide), from the a-england website.


XXX

42 comments:

  1. Your nails are so perfect, this looks amazing on them! :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour is amazing, I don't have a green polish, I want this :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sammy, I really like green polish, especially darker ones!

      Delete
  3. Wau, what an amazing green holo. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esther this is amazing! your one lucky lady. I'm going to order this one soon as it's out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou TeeDee, Not long till they're out now!

      Delete
  5. Esther!!! This is so stunning on you and your pictures are just awesome, oh, and thanks for the link love <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rebecca, I'm jealous you have them all already!! x

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! Your nails are beautifully manicured as well. And awesome photos as always.

    Please can you teach me how to take better photos please?!

    Nazia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nazia, I just tend to crop right in, cuts out my old lady hands!! ;-) xx

      Delete
  7. Very nice green holo! And you photographed it beautifully as usual. I have Tristam on my nails right now and will be posting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous.com!! Though I think you photograph polishes so beautifully & have such perfect nails that they all look gorgeous on you!
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great swatch, can't wait to have this one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! I have this one listed with St George and Ascalon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, oh no I see a very empty bank at the end of next month

    ReplyDelete
  12. I MUST HAVE THIS!!!! I saw the bottles on Pandora's but until you see swatches-it's just not the same-i have got to have this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou so much for all your comments ladies, very kind of you and I can;t wait to show you ST George! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous! I tend to use colour too when the weather is dull. And can I steel your nails? They're just so nice.
    Do you by any chance plan to do a tutorial on how to do the buttons in the previous post? I would love to see you in action ;) You're my nail guru
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Phlox, there are much nicer nails out there to have! ;-) Would you like a tutorial on the actual colour & matte or just how I did the polka dots?

      Delete
  15. Oh man... I've seen a few swatches of this and it's so gorgeous! You're lucky to have it! I hope to get it soon :o) Your pics are great too dear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man, Esther this polish is to die for! I can't wait until I get my polishes from Adina's new collection. I'm drooling over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to get them, you know I always love the polishes in you Rie!! xx

      Delete
  17. This looks amazing!!! Looking forward to what else is in store from a-england.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marisa, I only have one more from this collection but will no doubt get more in the future. x

      Delete
  18. This is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the rest of your swatches so I can decide which ones I want.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is flippin' amazing. Oh my goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! You have really captured the shimmer and glow really well, and kudos to Adina for the lovely additions to her brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mary, and yes Adina is a polish genius!

      Delete
  21. Oh good grief I love your photos!! Outstanding color :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing colour, I've only just heard of a-england....I know right...but anyway I'm now obsessed!! Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunning is how you manage your pics! you manage to capture so much in your photos! oh and hey, we've given you an award so check out our blog!//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thankyou agin everyone for all your lovely comments, sorry taking me a while to get back, so so, busy at the moment, xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great swatches, new follower here. Great site!

    ReplyDelete