Friday, January 13, 2012

a-england nail polish - Camelot ( + Polka Dot Manicure using Boots 17 matte topcoat.)

Hello everyone, a big hello to my old followers and a big welcome to my new followers, thankyou for following my little old blog! It's taken me ages to get another post done as I've been mega busy  and I really needed to get my face from last post off the homepage!!

Today I have another of the a-england polishes from my collection, the glossy black known as Camelot. I don't think I've ever worn a straight up black polish as the colour doesn't really suit me. Camelot is a great polish though and I will probably use for nail art, as I have further on in the post.


 
For the photos I did 2 coats, and it is pretty quick to dry to a beautiful high gloss so typical of the a-england polishes.

In full sunlight: 






In natural light:




 On the whole hand in sunlight:




I also got some dotting tools for christmas and anyone who knows me will testify to my love of polka dots, one of my favourite patterns! I even dress my daughters in lots of dotty clothing and I'm happy to say I've pretty much indoctrinated them into the way of dots- they love them too!

So I've had a couple of tries with the tools and I love them, expect more and even more dotty manicures... over Camelot I used matte topcoat from Boots 17 to create the pattern and I really like the effect, I also like the tactile feel of the dots, being slightly raised:



A close up in natural light:





I like the how using the matte topcoat rather than a different colour to create the dots has produced a subtle take on a bold pattern.

Do any of you like polka dots or are you more of a stripey person?!!
Until next post, which will be a quick rundown on my nailcare and filing routine as asked by Samantha on Twitter!

XXX

35 comments:

  1. I love dots and I love this mani so much!! and I am liking your longer nails too chicky <3 I must also add, I think the black polish looks great on you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rebecca, I like the black polish with a bit of interest so added dots! The polish itself is amazing, and I'm slowly getting used to the long nails! x

      Delete
  2. Esther, I love this mani!!! I'm a polka dot lover too ;0). I'm not a black person, but it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marisa, I'll mainly use black for nail art I think!

      Delete
  3. These are crazy good!!! So awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca is right. The black looks stunning on you! Great idea with the matte dots! I think it looks really subtle and classy. A great way to spruce up a plain black manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Mihaela, I really love this too. :-) x

      Delete
  5. Omg this is so cute, I loveeee polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so brilliant. Dotting with a matte topcoat, I just hate the fact that I never tried that before, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I was a bit late to matte topcoat ( & crackle & magnetic....) but I think there is so much to be done with it!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Just wow! The nail polish itself is impressive, but the polka dots make this mani awesome! Love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Ria, have you tried a-england polishes? You should if not, they are awesome!

      Delete
  8. Ahh I need this polish too, seriously I'm gonna hire you as my personal nail polish shopper!! You always have the most gorgeous shades!

    http://Lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lucy, I'd be more than happy to be your personal nail & makeup shopper...NOW there's an idea, that would be a great job!! x

      Delete
  9. OMG that looks freaking awesome!!!
    Nic xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nic, will be having a good catch up on your blog later at your Singapore purchases! x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thankyou Deborah, I really love the effect!

      Delete
  11. Heya hun! Just found your wonderful blog & absolutely LOVE it! :D This is such an incredible idea for polka dots!! Will def be giving this a try :)]

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! It's so simple, but so effective! And your polishing skills are amazing - your manicure is beautiful.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. the polka dots look amazing, subtle yet noticable. and i wish i had your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou Ladies! I really want to try this again with a different colour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dang, sweets, I forgot to comment on this - I absolutely LOVE the textured polka dots! I'd like to try this technique myself, it really looks neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nicole, I dont really like matte all over but I think this is a great way of using it.

      Delete
  16. Wow! I just love that black polish on your nails and when I saw the dots you made I dropped my chin haha! I'm just amazed how talented and skilled you are. So excited to see what you're going to create next...
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Phlox, I ended up liking black quite a lot after this!

      Delete
  17. Trés chic! This is so simple yet so stylish, I love it Esther!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Bridget, it perks up the polish!

      Delete
  18. Simple, lovely, and really classy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rina, means a lots to have a compliment from you, your nail art is brilliant! :-)

      Delete
  19. girl, how do you do it?! how do you manage to put your nail polish so perfectly? I never can do such a thing, especially on my own nails... And one more thing - I love black nails and those dots are so cute!
    You just gain yourself one new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I love dots too, I will be doing a tutorial soon on these!

      Delete