Monday, December 5, 2011

a-england nail polish - Galahad

Hello! Yesterday and today I have been wearing the lovely blue creme that is a-england's Galahad. I was really unsure about ordering this colour as I was sure it wouldn't suit me. All the swatches I had seen seemed to be on fairer skinned ladies and I couldn't find any photo's with it on olive skin.

So I didn't order it, however my beautiful friend Caroline treated me to this (and Guinevere) for my birthday, and I'm so pleased she did. I really like this colour on me and have had it on since Saturday morning.



There was not really any sunshine to take a photo, so did the best I could! I did 2 coats of Galahad and it was perfect coverage. (It is amazingly glossy without a topcoat as in these photos, but I did add one afterwards):







In certain warmer lighting situations, Galahad can look a tad greener, and I really like this under the bright kitchen spotlight, I couldn't stop looking at my nails. Even another rare comment from the husband sealed my love for a colour I would never have normally gone for.




Also my daughters have been asking me to put a little flower decal on my nails for a while, so I used one that Rebecca from Pandora's Nails sent me, as an accent on my ring finger and on my little finger of right hand:


I'm not normally too girly but really thought it looked quite sweet and the blue polish meant it wasn't very very girly!

I have also done photo's for Tristam, and will be posting those up in my next offering to you! I did mean to do it a couple of weeks ago as had already done the swatch but had other things going on, then there seemed to be a huge flurry of Tristam posts so thought I'd leave for a while to do it.


Until next post people.xxx
 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful shade! The daisy is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needless to day this is one of my favorites from a-england. It looks beautiful on you. And the little flower is so cute!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that colour & yet again you have brilliant photos of a brilliant NP application - Good Manis are so good to see!
    :0)
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks stunning on you! I love the little flower accent, not too girly at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great on you, and I love the accent you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou so much lovely people! I think the colour sets off the little accent perfectly, and these polishes are an absolute pleasure to work with, and amazingly hardwearing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, one of my wishlist polishes ;0). I absolutely love this polish! It looks GREAT on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Marisa, you should get it, it would look amazing on your skin, go on get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh my god i need this colour! looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. gooooosh that was a tropical blue! makes me wanna bathe in the sea..... Lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou Lauren, it is lovely and so glad my friend bought it for me!

    EyeGrafitti - I know exactly what you mean, I have a couple of nice shimmers that I could layer over to make it looklike the twinkling sea, and maybe next time I could do an exotic flower of some sort. Wouldn't need a holiday then!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another pretty!
    Ive yet to buy any shades from this brand but have been loving the swatches!
    Really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Galahad and this is stunning on you, what a lovely friend you have to pick this one <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou Marta - you should really try them, they're flawless in appliation, and you should try Excalibur for your stamping, it is so pigmented it'd be perfect. x

    Rebecca - I love this,and thankyou for the lovely flowers, they're pretty but not to girly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous color on you, and I'm loving the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did actually mean to mention the pretty flower in the last comment I sent, but was so busy catching up on all your lovely posts, I am so very glad you like them and I love how you have used it here <3 xx

    ReplyDelete