Sunday, December 18, 2011

Calvin Klein nail polish - Madly Mauve

Remember I got those really cheap CK polishes a while back? ( See here! ) Well I finally managed to swatch another one and it's a beautiful duochrome.


This one is called Madly Mauve and is lots of blue shimmer in a plum coloured base, it took four coats to get complete coverage,as it was very streaky. You could probably get away with three coats but it still had slight bald spots. The first coat goes on a very bright magenta pink but build up to the plum eventually. I didn't get rid of this on my nails so you could see nearer the cuticles (and I was lazy!).

Below in natural light:
 

Under warm tone kitchen spotlight:


With flash: 


Close up in sunlight to see the shimmer:


Two more sunlight photos to show the colour shift, it was actually quite difficult to photo the plum colour as there is so much blue shimmer:





I felt like I had been negelecting my beloved purples a bit lately so had to get one in, I've also swatched Lady Of The Lake by a-england as I was having a bit of a purple morning!

There are still three more of the Calvin Klein ones to show and hopefully will get round to doing these soon, if we have any proper sunshine. I'm going back to Ipswich for Christmas so I may take another look in the shop to see if there are any more bargains to be had, I know I'd quite like to pick up some more of the Sinful Colors.


xxx


14 comments:

  1. Love the shimmer in this one, looks super shiney too,I might need this one :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting polish! Didn't know CK made such fun colors. Too bad it needs so many coats. I would probably never use it because I'm not that patient.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee Dee - It really is pretty not too disimilar to the Stargazer one I did, remember?!

    Mihaela - I didn't even know they did polishes till I found these, I think I may do 2 layers over a creme similar to the plum, think I have an ELF one somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely fall over for purples like these! FAB, Esther! Looks amazing on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bluey purple tones! Shame you need so many coats though
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try this out properly, only tested on 1 nail so far. Looks amazing on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That colour is beautiful and can I just say u have e most beautiful nails can I have them haha!

    Btw sorry didn't respond2ur question abt e shoes in my OOTD,the shoes were actually a gift from my baby sister 2years ago so I have no clue hun sorry x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely color Esther! I really like the shimmer in this one, but I'm always drawn to these blue/purple multichromes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh how lovely. I'm feeling this colour a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty!!! Have to see about this. Didn't know CK made polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful and stylish color, I´m obsessed! I´ve just discovered your lovely blog and I love it! I´m happy to be your new follower :)

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  12. So of course I had to go looking for these online and ended up on Ebay buying a bunch of other polishes! Thanks for the inspiration, this is a really gorgeous color :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This shade has quite the personality!!!
    I love how it changes from navy to purple... very pretty

    ReplyDelete