Monday, December 12, 2011

Butter London nail polish - All Hail The Queen

My third offering from my recent Butter London purchases is All Hail the Queen, a scattered holographic polish in a taupe/beige colour. For this swatch I used three thin coats to get opaque and like the other polishes I have, I found the formula agreeable. This particular polish also dried pretty quickly which is always a bonus!




The only thing about this, was that in the bottle in certain lights there is a definite pink flash that is nowhere to be seen on the nail. I tried rolling the bottle to see if it just needed a thorough mix but it was still there, you can see it slightly in the photo (in sunlight) below:




I was hoping that it would have a pink flash to this and be slightly duochrome, (oh my, could you imagine a holographic duochrome?), but as you will see below NO.

In natural light, no flash:




Under my warm tone bright kitchen spotlight, it appears a darker brown colour and very shimmery:






The polish is very glossy and I didn't use a topcoat at all. In these following sunlit photo's you can see the holographic shimmer on the slightly out of focus nails:






Due to the subtle scattered holographic finish of this polish I think I would go so far to say that, along with its neutral colour, it would work as an office friendly polish. 

My last Butter London polish is Black Knight which is just lovely!

I hope you have liked the Butter ones so far and look forward to the next one. xxx

16 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Usually I am not a fan of nude polishes but with it's subtle holo effect this looks very elegant! Can't wait for the Black Knight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like It ! Great neutral color for everyday yet it still sparkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Sabine & Anon - I don't normally do these types of polishes either, but I need to think outside my dark polish box, and this has interest to it. Black Knight is gorgeous & the post is nearly ready for tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo pretty!!! Might have to add this to my list, hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love this! A neutral work-frendly, yet very fun polish. Can't wait to see Black Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks gorgeous on you! I don't own any Butter London polishes, I think they still didn't catch my eye though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite Butter Londons, I just love the suble holo effect in there. It chips a lot quicker than my other BLs, but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou Marisa, it is very pretty and I think would suit with much darker or much lighter skin than me, as it looks a bit 'lost' on me, but still beautiful none the less!

    Thankyou Mihaela & Ivana - it is a very pretty colour and like I said to Marisa suiting it with her darker skintone, I think it would look equally lovely on you ladies too wit your lighter skintone.

    Jacqui - to be honest I didn't wear for long enough to check for wear as I there was a bit of sun and went for it with the swatching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this taupy color, looks fab on you again, i'm seriously loving the names of the butter london and a-england nail polishes!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou Rakhshan, the names are great aren't they? I really love the names on the a-england ones, and my next posts will be a couple of those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, I don't normally go for neutrals but this is lovely, I think the holo makes it pop a bit more.

    Oh and not to tempt you but Leah Ann sells Ozotic holo-duochromes.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a really pretty colour,u have lovely nails x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca - just sssh now! you know Leah Ann is my next port of call, but I'm not going to be spending lots, not till next year will I be getting any though. I don't have any colours this neutral only No7 Beanie, but thats a mid brown really. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This reminds me a LOT of Orly Nite Owl, which I have lots of pics ready to do a post on soon. Almost identical I think!
    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks so beautiful on you !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is madly beautiful! Think this is the first time in my life Im sayin I NEED THIS NOW!! (And I already am a pretty crazy nail addict haha!) amazing nails btw! Well jel! xx

    ReplyDelete