Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I've made Chanel Peridot from Missha HGR01 & Boots 17 Fury!

Morning all, I'd thought I'd share a very quick post with you today. Throughout the blogworld it is common for people to make comparisons between Missha HGR01 and Chanel Peridot however they are not really alike. I also recently purchased Boots 17 nail polish in Fury and it reminded me of the gold tone present in Chanel Peridot.



So... I decided to have a little experiment last night and see if I could mix the two to make something similar to Chanel Peridot. Now the application of the nail polish was a rush job so please just look at the colours not the messy application. 
Below is Fury on the left and HGR01 on the right so you can see what they look like individually:




For the 'franken' I used about two thirds Fury to one third HGR01, but it was done under kitchen spotlight and really could have done better under daylight, but I'm impatient!

Now see if you can see which one is the franken and which is Chanel Peridot:  













Any ideas? Well I'll let you have a little think about it, do leave a comment with which one you think! All will be revealed this evening....  xxx

18 comments:

  1. I think the one on the right is the Peridot. I'm curious if I guessed well!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great dupe, I cant' tell the difference. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hate guess work, will just wait for your answer tomorrow, all the polishes look so pretty though <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the nail on the left is franken xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peridot is on the left !!
    :0)
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think peridot is on the right...erm or left? haha Great franken! Well done girlie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I think the one on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my .. ermm ahhh wow you've made such a fantastic dupe. Oh no I'm bad at guessing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The swatch on the right is just a little bit bumpy making me think that's the franken, but aside from that I honestly can't tell! Amazing franken!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peridot is my favourite polish baby and now I can't tell my child apart from a clone!? Gasp! Fantastic work!
    If I HAD to guess I'd say it's on the right

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank for your guessing people, just a bit of fun!
    I can now reveal that on my finger (wedding ring finger) in the left of the photo has on it Chanel Peridot and my little finger on the right of all photo's does indeed have the franken.

    As the Fury is a fast finish polish and Missha dries quickly it did go a bit bumpy when applying as I only made enough for about 3 coats!

    I was quite pleased though, as you really could not tell the difference and if I were to add a bit of polish thinner could have definitely made a back up batch.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh see told you i was useless with nails!! Was fun though xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. yey i guessed it right! :D great dupe for it though! i love Missha on its own ! i wish i can get my hands on it . lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hah! I got it right! I was thinking that Peridot was on the left and the franken was on the right. You made a great franken though! I had to go back and look over the pictures a few times before I was sure which was which. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou everyone for joining in the fun!

    Maria - I ordered my Missha from eBay as only place to get it in the UK.

    Rie - I must have done a good job if an aficiando like yourself had to look a few times!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Again, you make me want your nail polishes so bad :p

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete