Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fab Favourites: Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss - Ginger

As part of my blog I have decided to do a new series called 'Fab Favourites' where I show you my favourite beauty products. 

I don't really have any set criteria which my items have to adhere to, they could be products that I've used for years or ones recently discovered that I know I will be using a lot (providing they are not discontinued -  Origins Ginger Touch Massage Oil, I'm looking at you, or would be if you were still about!).

First up which I thought would be great for this time of year is Clinique's range of Superbalm Moisturizing lipglosses. I was chatting to Gill who does the blog  Makeup The Night, about this lovely post on red lip colour she had done: Winter Red Lips 101. We were discussing the best balms/moisturisers for dry lips, and this Clinique Gloss popped up. 



About two or three years ago I developed really dry skin on my lips and it got so sore and bad that even above my lip the skin was starting to crack. It was painful and unsightly and I talked to people with my hand over my mouth as I was really self conscious about it. Various potions from the doctors did not help or made it worse so I just gave up. Even Vaseline made it worse. Then I got a trial size set of these glosses, there were four in the gift pack - Ginger, Currant, Grapefruit and I think the other was Mango?

Well after three days of using these my dry skin disappeared, I nearly cried with joy as I thought I was going to be stuck with this dry skin forever. Even my good friend Caroline will probably remember how upset I was about it. 

Now I'm not the biggest lipgloss fan (or even lipstick that much to be honest), but this is non-sticky. Many other brands I can think of that claim to be non-sticky don't match up to this one. The colour Ginger is my everyday nude colour moisturising balm, I put it on once in morning and maybe in the afternoon if I need to. It's also great before applying lipstick once soaked in, leaving lips soft and flake free. A little leaves a nice sheen or if you want  you can have a bit more for a glossy shine, which I tend to avoid.

I cannot rave about this enough and have even tried Clinique's All About Lips which although nice is not a patch on this. There is also a Superbalm Lip Treatment which I've not tried, but may do in future. Has anyone tried it and the gloss to compare? I'd be interested to know what you think!

Those of you who have tried this gloss may also be a regular user but for those who haven't I suggest giving it a try, a little goes a long way, so a tube lasts a while. 

Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss is available in eight colours and priced at £13.50/$14.00 for 15ml.



8 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm definitely going to pick this up, seems like a saviour! I'll let you know how it goes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Gill, I'm sure you'll love it. This Ginger colour is a perfect pinky briwn so would suit all skintones I think. Can't wait to see what you think.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have this problem with dry lips this time of the year. Would love to try this but not sure where I can find it around here. Sounds promising though.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really lovely Mihaela, let me know if you can find it, or I can send you some if you pick a colour. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. weather at my hometown can be super dry and i always have this problem in winters, so I'm getting this defo:)
    thanks for sharing! following u now xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rakhshan! It is lovely, the colour is slightly more muted in real life but there are others to choose from and I absolutely swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this range of glosses, I have probably too many of these as I went through a bit of a crazy spree buying them when I first found them, great range of colours and lovely to wear xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca, these are so lovely I'm not surprised you have lots of them, I may have to get some more, the little trial pack sizes were perfect. I think it'd take me forever to get through lots of them!x

    ReplyDelete