Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Illamasqua Theatre of the Nameless Collection - Faux Pas nail polish

This ladies, is Faux Pas, a rubberised finish nail polish from Illamasqua's autumn/winter collection. I knew straight away upon opening the box that I had a very similar colour but in a gloss creme finish (that one being Revlon Rock). The bottle has a rubberised finish outer cap that is supposed to be removable to reveal a smaller handle, but I couldn't remove it!




Faux Pas is a very pigmented blue purple and it had complete coverage in 2 coats, which was brilliant, and it was very easy to apply not being too thin or too gloopy. The finish is more a semi matte than rubberised which left me feeling a bit disappointed as I was expecting it to feel like the bottle cap - you can still see a fair amount of shine on the nails. I may try it with a matte topcoat to see there's any difference.


With flash


This lasted on my nails a good 2 days before getting any nail tip wear, no chips though, and removal was very easy. 
Below I did one nail with Revlon Rock to show you the colour similarity, it's exactly the same and I checked in all light situations, and yes still the same! If you don't want to pay out for Illamasqua, you can always try Revlon Rock (easily available in Ebay) and apply any matte topcoat.


L: Revlon Rock,  R: Illamasqua Faux Pas


Whilst my dear friend was in Selfridges picking this up for me, she was an absolute sweetie and treated me to Illamasqua's Viridian which I've wanted for ages, just for babysitting! I can't wait to put that one on and show you. 

In my next post I will be showing you the rest of Revlon's Expressionist's collection. 


3 comments:

  1. Love the color! Not sure about this rubber finish though. I don't want my nails to look like the polish has lost it's shine. It's either shiny or matte for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou ladies, I'm a sucker for anything purple but the finish did leave me a bit cold!

    ReplyDelete