Sunday, September 25, 2011

E.L.F Cosmetics Review Part 2: Blushers - Glow, Berry Merry and Gottal Glow

Welcome to part 2 of my ELF cosmetics review, here are the three blushers I chose in the sale, all beautiful colours. 

In the photo you can see from left to right; Natural Radiance Blusher in GLOW, Studio Blush in BERRY MERRY and Studio Blush in GOTTA GLOW.




I'll talk about the packaging first as on the Studio blushers I noticed the packaging is very similar to that of Nars blushers, except that the ELF packaging has a small window so you can see the colour. When you open it there is a small mirror but it's not really that useful but about enough if you're out and about. 

You can just about see the mirrors in the photo above, but look below at the comparison with the Nars packaging, it wouldn't surprise me if the packaging came from the same factory even if the product hasn't, except the ELF doesn't have the lovely rubberised finish that Nars has. (Sorry a bit out of focus!)


 


On with the swatches then, first photo with flash and then without: left - Glow a peach/pink with gold shimmer, middle - Berry Merry, a deeper berry pink with slightly less gold shimmer and right - Gotta Glow, an off white with gold shimmer.

With flash.

Without flash.

The Glow blusher is a lovely everyday blush which when applied lightly made my skin look really healthy, you could probably put on more for the evening. Although the peach/pink sheen all but disappeared on my skintone, which is the trouble I have with these types of colours. Saying that though I have other blushers that are highly pigmented and don't just leave the gold shimmer. I had this same problem with Sleek Rose Gold too.

Berry Merry was my favourite, I've never really ventured into darker colours with shimmer before so this was a first, and I'm really pleased with it. I'm guessing the colour showed up more as it was darker but I still only needed very little. This is the sort of colour that you use when making a blusher statement, leaving the eyes and lips toned down. i really want to try this with my Sleek Au Naturel palette this winter.

Gotta Glow was a very unusual colour, more of a highlighter and it is great mixed with Berry Merry. I'm a big fan off mixing blushers and often use more than one at a time. I used this on the cheekbone and a tiny bit down the middle of my nose and it really highlighted beautifully.

For the price you really can't go wrong, but my only gripe was that the product itself is so delicate, if you go in too heavy handed with the brush this is what happens:


It did get everywhere and because of this I'm not sure I'd carry it about anywhere in case I dropped it and it shattered everywhere. But I can live with this as they lasted well on my skin.

Overall a good purchase I feel and if you get one of these, go for the Berry Merry, it will suit all skin tones, and I can't wait to try some other ELF blushers, however I need to try and find matte ones instead.

My next part of the review will be on the eye products I ordered, so until then ladies, I hope this has been of help to you!




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I have the Glow blush and use it pretty much every day. It is my go to blush right now. The Berry Merry looks interesting, but not a color I would wear. The third one looks great as a highlight. I didn't try the Studio ones yet but they sure look attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contents of this website are good and appreciative.

    Swedish Body Massage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely

    Nvq level 2 beauty therapy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this topic. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

    Fast track hairdressing courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post he is a great human..thanks for shared this with us found this informative and interesting blog so i think so its very useful and knowledge able. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    Bridal Dresses Edinburgh & Wedding dress Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't agree with everything in this post, but you do make some very good points. I'm very interested in this topic and I myself do alot of research as well. Either way it was a well thought out and nice read so I figured I would leave you a comment. Feel free to check out my website sometime and let me know what you think......

    Funded Barbering Courses

    ReplyDelete